1.4K views

I recently re-financed with Huntington Bank in Cols.Rate, closing fees were comparable but I went with them because I was already had my mortgage with them.

Big mistake. It took them 4 months to close me even though I had given them everything they needed asap and my friends were all closing in a matter of 3 weeks with Arlington Bank. It's a long story but in addition to long time it look, they also had to re-schedule my closing 3 times because they did not have the paper work ready, could not tell me how much to bring to closing as a cashiers check, were late to closing, opened a checking account which started with a negative balance when I did not even have a debit card, checks or anything, and it goes on.... I told them clearly I was dissappointed.

They said the manager would call me and 1 month later - nothing.They suck and rec not going with them!!!!!!!!!!

Review about: Huntington Bank Account.

Had an Experience with Huntington Bank?

Comments

They screwed us royally on our refi.....we're supposed to combine our loans which they didn't do so we ended up in collections on a second mortgage that wasn't supposed to exist anymore.Paid it to get rid of it and that was in 2011 here I am in 2014 and they are still showing it on their books and I have a letter which states paid in full.

They don't clean up their messes these guys are idiots!Do NOT use this bank they will rip you off!

Applied for a Harp program loan back in 2009 so I could lower my interest rate which was %7.35 Due to my home equity with Huntington that went from 2% to the 7.35 in three years I rolled the home equity loan into a mortgage loan.Shortly after I did this the mortgage rates started to go down and I was eligible for the HARP program.

After I applied it took the loan dept over six months to get back with me, only after I called the bank manager. The response was that my loan was denied because of some glitch on how my loan was written. I wasn't even eligible to refinance on a regular loan with them either. I attempted the same thing again two years later and the same thing happened this time I didn't pay the $300 appraisal fee.

Haven't gotten another bill for that after I called the district manager this time. Therefore I am completely stuck with this %7.35 interest rate for twenty some years.

I have been searching but so far no other loan company will refinance me because I owe less than $75,000..

#519943

Huntington took forever to close when I refinanced with them.Had to reschedule my closing because my appraisal had expired.

Hard to get a hold of the girl to answer questions. When I asked why it was taking so long, she responded that many people are buying and they are trying to close them.

Hello, I have been waiting for 3 months to close and have great credit and a good job.Will not recommend them to anyone.

Huntington Bank SUCKS!!!!!!My husband and I attempted to re-finance our investment home which we owned for over a year.

Our credit scores were over 800 respectively. Our jobs are secure and good income. The re-fi was a low amount and we've been trying to get this loan since July 2010 (its now Jan 2011).... We have given Huntington our income/tax info 3 times.

The mortgage rep John Chesney will never return my phone call.

We spent $400 for an appraisal and that it lost because we are so fed up, we are going to try a credit union.F*%$ those big banks and their big F**&^%* bonuses!!!!!